Individual’s willingness to participate in social networks as well as their likelihood to continue to use them, recommend them and join other social networks is based in a certain set of beliefs including (Lennon, Rentfro, & Curran, 2012):
* Ease of use – Does using social networks require effort on the part of the user?
* Usefulness – Do social networks improve the way users complete networking tasks?
* Enjoyment – Are social networks fun, pleasurable, or entertaining?
* Social influence – Does social influence contribute to the use of social networks?
* Drama – Do emotional interactions on social networks affect users?
“Exploring relationships between demographic variables and social networking use”
by Ron Lennon, Randall W. Rentfro, Randal and James M. Curran